Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Nebraska Football : Was I Watching the Same Game?

I keep reading that Nebraska's line play and running game were solid against Nicholls State. I sat in the north stadium for Nicholls State and saw no holes or running lanes, including on the 4th and 1 with Glenn in the second half when we should have been running at will on a I-AA defense that had been on the field virtually the entire game.



Yet I'm still willing to say the Huskers could hang in there against USC and even win. I keep thinking about how our offense rose up in the 4th quarter against Michigan and clicked well enough in the passing game that some running room opened up.

USC's defense has never been a frightening force. We scored 32 points against Michigan. If NU wins I think it will be 38-35, something like that. We'll have to score a lot of points to win.

For the first time in a long time I believe we have a chance to win any game, even road games against good teams, because of the potential of the offense. That's something I haven't believed since 2001.

No comments: